Day 4.

I left Prineville at about 8:30, heading east on Rt 26.  This takes you through the Ochoco Mt range.  Crossed two passes today, the first was Ochoco Pass 


The heat jumped up on the eastern side of the pass.  Dropped into a valley then  partly up the next side to the town of  Mitchell where Leslie met me for Lunch..  After lunch it was straight up to the next pass, Keyes Summmit.   I was feeling kind of sick after lunch so I stopped several times on the way up to let the nausea clear (Note to self: Turkey with mayonnaise  doesn't mix with exercising in the heat).   I crawled up Keyes Summit at less than 5 mph.  Fortunately the remainder of the ride was downhill until the last 4 miles. 



Here's a couple of  shots of the scenery.




Morning Ride

  • Distance
    88.44 mi
  • Elev Gain
    3,924 ft
  • Time
    6h 39m


    Tomorrow, we make our way further east.  Planning on something much shorter.  Stay tuned. 








    Comments

    1. How exciting! Looking forward to following you for the rest of the ride! Wish I was riding with you. Stay safe.

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Last Long Ride

    Fred