Virginia

Day 45

It rained at our campground last night, and continued to rain this morning. I set out fairly early in a steady rain.  I was able to doff my rain jacket after about 40 minutes, but kept my rain hat and booties on.  4 climbs on the schedule today, all of them except one were steep with sections above 10% grade.  

Finally crossed into Virginia.


I still have to cross most of the Appalachain chain of mountains. Here's an example of my  view at one point this morning.



It has rained on and off today, and is raining currently. We are staying in the Breaks Interstate Park, just inside the border between Kentucky and Virginia.  The route crossed the ranges then goes up the Shenandoah Valley cuts across through Charlottesville and skirts around the north side of Richmond heading to Yorktown.  At this point I'll dip my front wheel in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean on Thursday.


Morning Ride

  • Distance
    76.56 mi
  • Elev Gain
    5,453 ft
  • Time
    6h 9m

     

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Last Long Ride

    Fred