Wahoo

 Day 52

We started out at the Misty Mtn Campground. The route went down route 150 to Charlottesville.  My Wahoo Element Bolt died during the rides in the rain last week.  I found a bike shop in Charlottesville that had one in stock.  So I used Google to plot a route, and that went sideways pretty quickly. Managed to find the bike shop Blue Wheel Bikes and get the replacement. Talking to the guys there thought I was crazy to be riding on Rt 150. They proposed several alternatives that would have taken me miles out of my way.  Managed to find my way out of Charlottesville and on to the Small Country Campground, in the countryside west of the town of Louise.  Glad to be back on small backroads.   


I ended up with about 42 miles for the day, I had been recording rides with my phone, which died, so the recorded ride was about half that. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Long Ride

Fred