Yorktown

 Day 56 (or 57)

We set it up so that the last day would be a short ride.  It was a smidge under 16 miles from our campsite to the pier at Yorktown.  Turns out our campsite was established in 1954.  The man who established it was a blacksmith. He did a lot of the decorative ironwork for the re-created Williamsburg.  There's a small blacksmith display in the camp headquarters/store.

Originally Leslie was going to ride with me, but the weather was not co-operative. 94 degrees and greater than 90% humidity.   

Rode south, then east around the Naval Weapons Station, along the York river to Yorktown.  It took me 1 hr and 6 minutes.

I dipped my rear wheel in the waters of the Pacific Ocean on June 20.  Today I dipped my front wheel in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean.


And so Our cross country bicycle adventure comes to a conclusion.

I've ridden 3,872 Miles, climbed 145,129 feet and crossed 9 states.



Thanks for coming along for the ride.


  • Distance
    15.85 mi
  • Elev Gain
    331 ft
  • Time
    1h 2m










    I will  post an epilog in a few days.  We'll be visiting and making our way back to the Pacific NW.

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Last Long Ride

    Fred