Fred

 Today started out rainy,  The plan was about 77 miles with lots of climbing, as we made our way across the Appalachians.  The rain let up, and I got a fairly early start. I was able to take off my rain jacket for a while.  As I came over one climb, the sky opened up. I had to really sit on the brakes going downhill to maintain control.  I stopped in Honaker VA for lunch, and afterwards as I started out, I got so cold I was shaking,  I had only covered about 37 miles in the first 3 1/2 hrs, mostly due to the very slow downhills.  I still had 40 miles to go.   I decided that I'd never make it before dark, so Leslie picked me up. We are camping in Damascus VA tonight. We went out to eat, and the TV in the diner showed all of the flooding and tornados due to Fred.  As I sit here, we just had another downpour.  Fortunately I've plotted out a route to our next campsite that doesn't involve any significant mountain climbs. Hopefully none of the roads will be flooded out.  Thanks Fred.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Long Ride